CaribFlava is a new online platform dedicated to giving voice to the change that is ever ongoing in our national and transnational Caribbean communities.
Our mission is to make visible what happens unceasingly in spaces like the arts,community work, academia, activism, technology, business, education, family life, environment, sexuality, and entertainment, to name only a few. How do we imagine and build our nations? What are the stories that do not make the news but that should be heard? This is your invitation to share.
CaribFlava wants to help people inform and stay informed, to find one another, and to strengthen collaborations and networks. CaribFlava serves both the academic as the larger community. Our platform will keep on expanding, making room for more topic sections, and MOREmulti media formats such as documentaries, webinars, online discussions andconversations. Do you have any suggestions? Please let us know! [email protected]
How do we imagine and create our nations?
What are the stories that do not make the news but that should be heard?
This is your invitation to share.
The CaribFlava call for submissions thus invites you to introduce yourself, your work, and/or important things happening in your community. Send us a short write up of max 500 words, a photo if you have one, and links to your website and/or social media. We welcome submissions in all Caribbean languages. Send your submissions or suggestions to [email protected]
How to submit your work: We accept submissions only through email. We do not accept submissions through postal services. Your manuscript must be in one of the following file forms: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf, .txt. Audiovisual work must be published on an external site (e.g. youtube, vimeo, soundcloud). We will gladly share the link. Technical Difficulties: If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please Contact Us.
Timing: You can send us your submissions at any time, year-round.
Multiple Submissions: We welcome your submissions on various projects, as well as updates on how projects are developing over time.
Response Time: Our response time varies from a day to three weeks.
Fees: CaribFlava is a nonprofit organization. We do not charge readers for the magazine,nor do we charge for submissions. We also do not pay authors for their submissions.
To be placed your written submissions should be:
- • Max 500 words
- • Accompanied by a Title
- • Well-edited
- • Accompanied by an image of minimally 1600 psi , keywords and the Caribbean region your work pertains to
- • We welcome fiction, including (short) stories and poetry
To be placed your video material should be:
- • uploaded on youtube, vimeo or we transferred in webm or mp4 format, so we can post that link
- accompanied by a title max 500 words.
- It should have at least one well-edited introductory
sentence that specifies the maker and the year in which it was made.
- Please add your website or social media links.
- Hashtag the topics that are relevant to your article
- Any language spoken in the Caribbean is welcome.
- To post any material you must have copyrights or adequate proof that you are licensed to do so.
- Send submissions to: [email protected]We welcome authors as well as publishers to showcase individual books in our book section!
These have to be no more than a year old.
We will also gladly place your advertisement.
Please send an email to
CaribFlava is quickly gaining more readers as it is spreading among our transnational communities. If you and your organization wish to benefit from our visibility we will gladly place your advertisement. Please send an email to [email protected]